ENGLISH COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
JOB DESCRIPTION AND MAIN DUTIES
iGDP is seeking a language-loving and communications-savvy English Communications Specialist to edit its English publications and manage its communications.
This full-time position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic group of Chinese climate policy experts on editing reports, working papers, factsheets, and other written output, and performing comprehensive communications for these products, related events, and newsworthy developments in the field.
A strong interest or background in climate and environmental policy, especially sustainable finance, would be a distinct advantage. Chinese language ability would also be an advantage, but is not necessary. To browse iGDP’s publications, please visit http://www.igdp.cn/publications/.
On editing tasks, the Communications Specialist will work closely with iGDP’s analysts and project managers to ensure that all English language publications contain idiomatic, lucid, and error-free prose. Applicants should possess a knack for clear expression, and the ability to grasp technical concepts and repackage them in a way that is informative and compelling.
On communications tasks, the Communications Specialist will:
- Provide insights to help iGDP develop a robust communications strategy.
- Use a variety of communications tools (e.g. the iGDP website, newsletters, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms) to share information about iGDP publications and events.
- Build and maintain English media relationships for iGDP.
- Track and perform communications on meaningful developments in the field, with an emphasis on green and sustainable finance.
- Edit and proofread all English language research products and communications materials.
- As necessary, meet with publication authors and other iGDP staff for editing and proofreading guidance.
- Play a lead role in the production of the English version of iGDP’s Annual Report.
- Design and execute on communications strategies for iGDP outputs and related policy developments.
- Bachelor’s degree, with coursework involving extensive expository and narrative writing.
- A background in and passion for climate and environmental policy, with a talent for science and policy communication.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and new media communications.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team.
iGDP offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a brief cover letter, work samples and resume to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 10 working days after the application deadline. The deadline for applications is February 28, 2022.
COMMUNICATIONS AND DESIGN OFFICER
JOB DESCRIPTION AND MAIN DUTIES
The Communications and Design Officer will be a key member of iGDP’s growing communications team. He/she will have the opportunity to learn about and participate in all aspects of iGDP’s work in the area of communications.
MAIN RESONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- The visual design of reports, data charts, and posters using design software and data visualization tools.
- Assisting the communications director in updating and maintaining iGDP’s Chinese and English websites.
- Assisting the director in new media operations.
- Assisting the director in managing media relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in media, advertising, graphic design or other related fields.
- Knowledge of design software for publications, infographics and websites such as InDesign, Illustrator and other standard design tools.
- At least 1-3 years of working experience in a related area.
- Basic English skills in reading, listening, speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of environmental and climate change topics is plus.
Depending on the applicant’s educational background and ability, iGDP offers a competitive salary and benefits within the industry, as well as generous annual leave.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume in English and Chinese, with 1-2 samples of your poster or report design work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject should be “Your Name + Communications and Design Officer”. Selected candidates will be contacted by phone/email within 10 working days.